Sorry, Spice Girls fans, but it looks like a 2018 tour isn’t going to happen after all.
“I’m not going on tour. The girls aren’t going on tour,” Victoria Beckham said to British Vogue on Saturday during a preview of her autumn/winter 2018 collection at New York Fashion Week.
TMZ reported earlier this week that a tour across the U.K. and U.S. was going to kick off late this summer, and fans thought that picture on Beckham’s Instagram signaled a reunion.
“It was so great to see the girls. We had such a fun lunch,” Beckham said in her interview with Vogue. “It was really, really, really lovely. I still speak to them all individually, but for us all to get together was really lovely.”
Love my girls!!! So many kisses!!! X Exciting x #friendshipneverends #girlpower
Link : promosiweb.net | hokiceme.com
A post shared by Victoria Beckham (@victoriabeckham) on Feb 2, 2018 at 8:27am PST
But the lunch wasn’t to plan a tour.
“There’s something so strong in the message of what the Spice Girls stood for,” she said. “What is that in the future? What does that look like? We were just bouncing ideas around. Brainstorming.”
Beckham also shot down any hope for a reboot of the “Spice World” movie. “Is that what you really, really want?” she said.
“I remember that movie. I was so upset when they made me wear that tight little army dress,” Beckham said. “And Harper Beckham, who’s only watched ‘Spice World’ once, says, ‘Mummy, I love that bit when everyone’s in the really cool clothes and you’re in the tight little army dress!'”
“You know, there’s so much bad stuff going on, and the Spice Girls were about fun and celebrating individuality,” she continued. “I think there’s so much that the brand can do, and it’s such a positive message for young kids. What does that look like in the future? It’s not me in a cat-suit.”